Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Blog - About Photography





I am starting to put a project I am working on now, is about "Youth Subcultures " , is a project which will involved different aspect and influences among young generation of this complex and interesting country i am living.
I came to China for the first time in 1990, i arrived by train crossing all over Siberia, at the time i was too young and naive to think that I would end up to live here.The 1990 was the year after the Tian An men protest, the people were acting , dressing, thinking is such a different way from now . Nowadays internet and a stronger influence from west and from Japan creating new subcultures which make me interested in working on.
My project started with the phenomenon of Cozplay (cosplayer), a Japanese type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character. Characters are usually sourced in various Japanese and East Asian media, including manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, and fantasy movies. The performance movement is taking over in China and more and more young people are following this fashion of being different from the reality.